Last night when I parked my car, I left it under tree, and when I came back to my car this morning, what did I find? You guessed it. Tree sap. The tree had dripped sap all over my window. Now, if you remember when you were a child playing in the front yard, tree sap is extremely sticky and very hard to get off of nearly everything.
However there is a way to remove the sap from your window, and you can do it at home. Here's how in 5 easy steps:
1.) Using a damp cloth, clean the area around the sap to remove dirt and debris. This will help you target the sap directly.
2.) Take a cotton ball and soak it in rubbing alcohol, dab the cotton ball over the tree sap. As soon as it has sap on it, change out the cotton ball.
3.) Rinse the window with warm water. If the sap is still there, use a commercial bug and tar remover.
4.) Apply the bug and tar remover onto a damp washcloth and follow the directions on the bottle. Keep applying until the sap is completely removed.
5.) Finish up by spraying window cleaner on the window to remove any remaining bits and pieces on dirt, debris, and sap around the area. Wipe clean with a soft cloth or paper towel.
If you would prefer to have the sap removed by professionals, bring your car into our location today and we will take care of it for you.
When our customers bring us their cars, most of them usually ask us the same two questions. We’ll break it down for you and answer them right here.
What is the benefit of waxing?
- UV Protection - applying wax onto your car is like applying sunblock onto your skin. Wax will keep the paint on your car from peeling and chipping over time. It will also keep the paint color looking good instead of faded and old.
- Reduces Scratches - By having wax on your car, minor scratches with scratch the WAX and not the paint itself.
- Longer Clean-time - Your car will actually get dirtier slower than a non-waxed car. Dirt and liquid run right off the wax.
How often should I wax my car?
You can choose to wax your car anytime. Some people do it every time they wash the car, some at the beginning of every season, others once a month. It’s up to you, as long as you don’t do it every singe week.
If you have any other questions feel free to contact us at 928-231-6678.
|Please 'Like' us on Facebook @facebook.com/havasudetail|
Auto detailing is a very broad term. Exactly WHAT do auto detailers detail? Well pretty much anything and everything. It’s called detailing for a reason and it includes a thorough (and we mean thorough) tire clean, seat wash, leather treatment, vacuuming between the small creases and cracks, buffing, tinting, coating, waxing, dent removal, paint jobs, scratch removal and so much more. We love this video made by NorthWest Auto Detailing up in Seattle, Washington because it can show you exactly what we can do to your car. If you like the way the BMW looks at the end, come into our Lake Havasu Auto Detailing location today and we can have your car looking like that.
- Heat - Your car can be 60% cooler if you add tint onto your windows as it has the power to block out the heat waves that penetrate the glass of a regular car.
- Health - The glass on a regular car lets in heat and sun. This means it also lets in harmful UV rays that can cause cancer. Window tinting blocks out 99% of these rays.
- Accident Protection - In the case of a car accident, a tinted window will actually hold together shattered glass, better than a regular un-tinted window.
- Safety - Get rid of the blinding glares you get when driving during peak sun hours. Window tinting reduces glare from the sun, snow, and other headlights while letting you see clearly during daytime and nighttime.
- Privacy - Drive comforably knowing that you can see out of your windows, but nobody can see in.
- Car Luxury - You can keep your car’s interior in perfect conditions because window tinting blocks out UV and heat waves that cause fading of fabric and crackling of leather.
During the car cleaning process we often think that it's the natural progression to Wash, Wax and then Polish. Could that be right?
What's your guess? Well if you thought that it should be Wash, Polish and then Wax - You're right! The logic behind this is actually quite simple. Washing the car first is a no-brainer, you need to get rid of the dirt before you can actually do anything to the paint job. The reason for Polishing next is because polishing's function is to bring out the shine in the car. The polishing step is where you get the show car shine which we all aim for. Waxing serves as a protective coat on your paint. Think of waxing as sealing the previous 2 steps. So if you answered Wash, Polish then Wax you were right but if you wanted to save time and have a professional apply a new car shine to your car we're always here to help. Call us at (562) 438-1572 to schedule an appointment, please ask for Mitch and remember that we're always here to help at Long Beach Auto Detail.
the seductive Fiat 500 commercial. "You'll never forget the first time you see one." - And when it is time to give her a car detail - call us at Havasu Mobile Detail so we can see it too.
Often we think about mechanical maintainance for our cars, oil changes, tire rotation, brakes and all the things that keep us rolling on the freeways but how about the body of the car? One added benefit of regular washes and waxes is higher resale value. If you really stop to think about it before people actually pop the hood they need to be interested in the shiny package. Here is some advice from howstuffworks.com
"Regular waxing also protects the paint from the daily wear and tear our cars get from being exposed to the outside world. Bird droppings, wind, rain, hail, tree sap, smog, ultraviolet rays from the sun -- you name it. There are a host of threats to your car's shiny finish." We'll do the dirty work for you at Lake Havasu Mobile Detail from washes and waxes to complete interior and exterior details. Think of it as a Spa Day for your car.
Call us to schedule your detail and we will come to you: 928-231-6678
Have you ever had that feeling that your car actually goes faster after it's been waxed? We get the feeling too but no scientific studies have ever backed up a car actually going faster due to it's cleanliness.
For more pictures of fun car art check out this link: @car-art
Paintless dent repair is a fast, easy, affordable, harmless way to repair any ding or dent on your car. 80 to 90% of minor dings and dents can be fixed using paintless dent repair. A skilled technician uses specialized tools like metal rods and picks to massage out dings and dents on the finish of a vehicle. The technician works on the dent from the inside panel, accessing the dent from behind. In other words, the dent is massaged and pushed out. The process takes 10-20 minutes for a trained and experienced technician. Customers are happy with results and quickly on their way.
Click here for an animation of Paintless Dent Repair: